Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm lovin' it

I'm in the middle of my project to lighten my bike, but with the new fork, the new ti handlebar, the seatpost and the new pedals on, I had to take it for a spin. The bike is noticeably lighter. I mean, very noticeably. I flew up the hills. The bike felt more nimble and was much easier to handle.

I'm a little disappointed with the Ritchey WCS seatpost. As many others have posted, it let the saddle roll out of position after hitting a decent bump (not a jump mind you). I'm going to chalk it up to a loose bolt since it didn't happen again after I tightened it up on the trial, but I've got my eye on it. Of course, the ever-reliable Reba Race fork did its job admirably. I liked the more narrow handlebar as well. I felt much more in control of the bike and actually was able to come out of a couple situations where I lost control after getting kicked sideways by a large rock.

I don't have pics yet because I'm waiting to finish the project first. The wheels, the new headset and the new xt cassette still need to be added. That should lead to another pound and a half of weight loss.

I do have to note that the egg beater 2 ti pedals are INCREDIBLE! I never knew a pedal could be this easy to get in and out of all while holding you in on jumps and hops. They are superlight and shed med like nothing. I bought a second set to sell for a profit, but I may just keep the extra set for my road bike. I am incredibly impressed. I ended up getting each pair for under $100 from Performance plus $20 of performance points from the purchase. You just can't beat that!

Stay tuned for pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment