Thursday, May 20, 2010

Resolution and Upgrades

Ok, so I resolved my headset issue. My buddy who used to be a bike mechanic confirmed that the broken headset piece is just a bearing seal and that it is not necessary and typically a pain to install. He noted that it's fine to ride without it and no damage will be done. Solved!

On another note, the upgrading is going well. I'm waiting on a shim for my handlebar to be delivered as it wasn't originally included with my handlebars when they were first sent. It should come in the next couple of days. I'm going to work on installing the fork this weekend and finish up the cockpit. I pick up my new eggbeater 2ti pedals tomorrow with my new XT cassette.


I also just purchased a new wheelset, the Spinergy Xyclone 29ers. Supposedly these are the beez neez of mtb 29er wheels. They offer super bling cred as well. I should have all of the upgrades done by next week for a trip to my buddy's house for memorial day. We're planning a ride, but we'll see if the wives allow that to actually go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment