Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Progress

Since I last wrote, all of the parts have come in for my little project to lighten my bike. I actually even bought a second handlebar after finding a great deal at Performance Bike on an Easton Monkey Lite XC carbon bar. But I think I'm going to either return it or sell it in favor of the carbon bar, as titanium is a little more sturdy.

So now I have the RS Reba Race fork, a new, lighter PD stem, a titanium handlebar, and a new XT 11-32 cassette. I'm also eyeing up a new wheelset, a Synergy Xyclone 29er set with white spokes that is keeping me up at nights thinking about. That would shave about another 400g's off the weight.

The bike weighed in last night at about 28lbs. We'll see how low we can get that without going too crazy. There are certain benefits to weight on a bike. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment