Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm cycling in the rain...

I knew today was going to be a cruddy mess, with showers and thunderstorms pretty much constant through the day.  According to the forecasts, I had a 2 hour window in the middle of the day to get in a ride, if I didn't want to get soaked.  At 1pm, the rain slowed to a drizzle and I took to the roads.  Riding in wet conditions on hilly, well traveled roads with very little to no shoulders is not my cup of tea, but I really wanted to get the ride in.

I rode to Mt. Pleasant this time for a slightly longer (23mi) ride that featured a lot of hills, most of which, though, are more gradual. I still managed to climb almost 2500ft.  I didn't get too wet and luckily no one hit me along the way (although several cars came damn close).  Below are my stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment