Thursday, March 15, 2012

Double trouble

March 15th and it is 80 degrees and sunny.  I happened to have the day off work so I gave my cycling buddy a call and he took me on some new roads that I hadn't been on in the area.  It was morning, so it was about 65 and sunny.  The trees aren't in bloom yet, but there was no wind (highly unusual for a Maryland March day) and the sun was shining.  It was just a nice ride through the country at a relaxed pace.  One of those perfect "break in the legs" type of rides.

It gave me a great chance to test out the new componentry that I bought late last year and the new pro lite carbon clincher wheels.  After an "incident" on my first long ride with them, I have been quite nervous to get up to speed on the again.  Today ride gave me some nice rollers to get my feet wet with them and really get some confidence in them and I can't say I am disappointed with the purchase now.

The ride was great.  Got in a nice 25ish miler, got in some nice hills and worked on grinding away at some false flats.  The ride was over and we parted ways.  I came home and ate a nice light lunch and the urge was too strong to do it all over again. I still had my gear on so I just hopped right back onto my bike and headed out for another quick 14 in the countryside around my house.

What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment