Friday, March 23, 2012

A Miracle Weekend

By the grace of God, my in-laws agreed to watch our 2 yr old this weekend while my wife is away at a professional conference.  I can't remember the last time that I was on my own without the wife and kid with so much time for myself.  And I'll bet that I don't see it again for just as long, if not longer.

That being the case, the only right thing to do with to pack up the bike and head to the hills of Western PA, where I'm originally from to get in a weekend of great riding.  Today I went on my first ride of the weekend, out to a nice local park with a lake, called Mammoth Park.  The roads to get there are busy enough to keep a lot of loose dogs off of them, but not so busy that you have to outrun 18 wheelers all day.  However, I didn't have a full recollection of the type of hills that are here versus the nice, mostly flat terrain of Maryland, where I now live. At one point, I hit a 20% grade.  I hit so many hills that I actually torqued my handlebar loose from all of the back and forth with the climbing.

All in all, though, it was a beautiful day and a very nice ride. Ride Recap by Strava:  

No comments:

Post a Comment