Friday, April 2, 2010

The Big Build

Well, the big build started with a big flurry but ended suddenly when I realized that I never ordered brake cable and housing for the brakes. Without the brake cable, I couldn't finalize the disc brakes, the rear derailleur, or the cockpit setup. I'm also waiting on the n gear jump stop to arrive, so I couldn't dive in to the 1x9 conversion either.


I did get a lot of stuff started though. I installed the seatpost with my new saddle. I got the cockpit started, loosely aligning the brake levers, shifters, grips and remote lockout control for the fork. I set the stem in place temporarily. I removed the rookie cookie from the rear wheel, installed the brake rotors and loosely set the brake adapters. I also removed the large chainring and installed the BBG bash guard.



The bike is almost looking like a real bike now. I had to put in another order tonight for the brake cable and housing, grips (a special surprise finishing touch), two water bottle cages, and tubes. Ah, the things you don't even think about when building a bike until you go to ride.

Here are some pics of how the build is going. The new supplies should be here in a couple of days. My hope is to have the build done in a week. We'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment