Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I took the plunge!

With my wife's begrudging approval, I made the plunge to buy a long sought, Chinese carbon 29er from LT bikes.  I've been looking at the LTK-023 model for a long time, like years.  After reading review after review and speaking to the folks at LT Bikes who seem to be nothing but polite, attentive and helpful, I purchased my new 29er, sub 3lb frame this morning.

The frame, listed at 1250g +/- 50 g is super light and from the reviews, is super strong and sturdy.  I got mine in UD matte, but you can also get it in UD gloass, 3k or 5k or have it painted a for a bit more money.  $310 gets you the frame.  I also splurged and got the matching carbon fork for another $90.  I figured the headset is tapered and I would have to get a new tapered fork to keep things easy anyway.  $90 for a rigid carbon fork at 545g +/- 10 g, you simply cannot beat that!

I also ordered the matching headset and a spare rear hanger for another $20 plus change.

My goodness is that a deal!  I could not resist.

Between the frame and fork I'll be dropping about 2 pounds off of my current bike, which is already light.  I also ordered a scandium seat post and handlebar that should take off even more weight, about another pound or so.  It is conceivable that I could have a sub 20lb bike.

I'm currently looking for a light SS crankset, as I'm going to run this bike as a 1x9.  That seems to be the best combination in my opinion.

It should be a few weeks until it comes in.  I cannot wait!!  Here are some pics:










1 comment:

  1. As an update, I've been told shipment should arrive in 20-25 days.

    ReplyDelete