Friday, August 20, 2010

Mission Accomplished!



After 2.5 months of searching, I finally found my new fork. On Ebay, I found a brand new, in packaging with box and all of the accessories 2009 Fox 32 F29 RLC fork. It is advertised as an 80mm, but I saw an extra spacer in the pictures which makes me believe it is actually a 100mm, which I prefer. If it is indeed an 80mm, then I will perform the quick operation to extend it to 100mm of travel.




The funny thing about the purchase is that I offered the seller, a week prior, a deal for the same cost as I bought it but away from Ebay to help him avoid the Ebay fees. He agreed but ultimately backed out of the deal. A week later, I found it relisted on Ebay and I put in the only bid at the formerly agreed to price. That was ultimately what I paid for it, but he had to absorb the extra Ebay fees after all was said and done. I tried to help him out, but I guess he had to learn the hard way. I'll be sure to review it after I install it and ride.




Now I'm on the hunt for the last piece of the puzzle, an upgrade to the fly team ti 29er frame. That would be the ultimate finishing touch. I found a seller today who is selling the fully built bike. I'm waiting on his return email as to whether he'll accept my offer for the frameset alone. If he will, I'll go through one last build and put the ultimate bike together!

No comments:

Post a Comment