Friday, June 4, 2010

Lay'n Rubber



So I just purchased the final two upgrades to finish off this project on my bike. First, I purchased a Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29 x 2.4 tire. This thing is large and in charge and light! Unlike many other 2.4's, this tire is truly a 2.4. The large volume casing allows it to run at extremely low pressures, increasing grip. The tire rolls fast and is super light weight at 540g's, about 100 grams less than my current MotoRaptor. I'll be keeping the MotoRaptor 2.1 on the bike as it is one of the best rear 29er tires out there.

I also purchased a FSA XC 115 stem. This thing is super light at 120g's, about 60 grams less than the Profile Boa stem I just bought. The boa is a little steeper than I thought and the light weight doesn't hurt either.

I'll be getting both parts on next week and hopefully I'll have time to install the new headset this weekend so I can weigh this rig and complete the project. It looks like a good week of riding is ahead for me next week at both Shaeffer Farms and Gambrill. I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment