Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Resolution of the LTK023 Shifting Issue

So, my LBS finally resolved the shifting issue today.  They drilled out the internal plastic housing and ran the cable housing all the way through.  I also had them put on a new XT shadow rear derailleur.  I've never felt such smooth shifting on my mountain bike.

They ultimately determined that the problem was with the upper cable stop.  The carbon support was too thin and it was actually flexing every time I shifted, which threw off my shifting.  Problem all solved.

I have to say LT Bikes really came through on this one.  They offered to either fix the frame for free if I sent it back, give me a $50 credit for a future purchase or reimburse me $50 for my repair costs.  I accepted the $50 reimbursement.  My LBS only charged me $30 for the repair so it ended up being a good deal and my frame is perfect.

I took it out for an initial test ride tonight and the frame was great.  It is extremely light, almost too light.  I was getting thrown around by the trail more than I'm used to.  This is probably just something I need to get used to and adjust my riding style for.  What a climber it is though.  I've never climbed so fast.  I lost about 6 lbs from my last bike so I'm flying.

I have a big ride planned for tomorrow at Shaeffer Farms and will report back after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment