Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

With a ton of snow on the way and with a long day at the office behind me, I felt the need to get outside for a ride before being locked in on the trainer for the next couple of weeks until the snow clears.  The only problem was, snow from a different storm was planned for tonight.  No problem...I'll just take out the 29er.

I haven't gotten to ride the bike in some time between triathlon training on the tri bike, riding the new road bike and riding the new cyclocross bike.  And I'm sure glad I did.  With large white flakes starting to come down, I headed out to the trails around my house.  In daylight, the trails aren't all that bad, but do offer some really fun rooty type riding with some rock gardens and a lot of hills.

In the dark, however, things get much tougher and with the snow coming down hard, tougher yet.  The trail was frozen and still partially covered with leaves.  It was difficult riding, but it was so much fun.  I didn't go far but I had a blast, got the heart rate up and got the duldrums of my ho hum day in the office behind me.  I gotta do that again!!






No comments:

Post a Comment