Monday, August 5, 2013

My first ride at Patapsco

With a little time on my hands this beautiful afternoon, I decided check out the trails at Patapsco State Park in the Catonsville, MD area.  I've heard a lot about the trails but since they are on the other side of the state, I haven't been able to check them out...until today.

They are all I've heard that they are.  Most of the trails are rocky, rooty and fast.  There are some major climbs and some spin-off trails that are, I would say, in the "advanced" range.  I would say most of the trails are intermediate level.

They put my bike to the test.  In fact, going down one more difficult section, I attempted going over a log with a two foot drop on the other side...I went over and my bike followed and ended up down the trail about six feet away.  The crash broke my saddle rail in half.  I had to finish the last quarter of the ride with no saddle.  I had so much fun before that, though, that it didn't even matter.

I definitely recommend the trails and I hope to be going back soon.  The in-laws have the kids this week, so I am trying to get as many miles as I can in.  Stay tuned for my next riding adventure!

Here's a link to my strava recording of the ride:



And pictures...








No comments:

Post a Comment